27 Struggles “Harry Potter” Fans Know All Too Well
~Waits 17 years for my Hogwarts letter~
We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the hardest part about being a Harry Potter fan. Here are the amazing results.
1. You try to keep your cool when someone asks, “Isn’t Harry Potter for children?”
Submitted by Diva Parekh (Facebook)
2. You have best friends who aren’t obsessed with the series like you are.
Submitted by Bailey Thompson (Facebook)
3. A part of you dies when Dobby, Fred Weasley, and Professor Dumbledore die.
Submitted by Estefy Quintanilla (Facebook)
4. You cancel your Friday night plans to watch the Harry Potter weekend marathon on ABC Family.
Submitted by Mie Dalgaard (Facebook)
5. No matter how hard you try, your broomstick will only be good for sweeping the floor and not for playing Quidditch.
Submitted by Missie Low (Facebook) and Constance Schere (Facebook)
6. You have a million questions for J.K. Rowling, but she’ll never answer them.
Submitted by jessicak4cb035936
7. It’s a constant battle trying to get through every movie without hysterically crying.
Submitted by Saylee Padwal (Facebook)
8. You still haven’t received your Hogwarts letter in the mail.
Submitted by Brittany M. Smith (Facebook)
9. You use Harry Potter references in everyday conversation, but it takes a while for people to catch on.
Submitted by Morgan Lee (Facebook)
10. It’s always annoying when someone asks you to explain your Deathly Hallows tattoo.
Submitted by Bella Simpson (Facebook)
11. Movie. Ginny. Weasley.
Submitted by leahs4a7244fa8
12. Anytime you go to Netflix to search for Harry Potter, nothing shows up.
Submitted by marsthebar
13. You read so much fan fiction that you forget what is real and what is fake.
Submitted by Casey Talay (Facebook)
14. You’ll never stand in line at a bookstore at midnight to buy a new Harry Potter book.
Submitted by Krystie Lee Yandoli
15. You want to have deep conversations with the characters you grew up with.
Submitted by Meghanne Bartlett (Facebook)
16. You don’t know what your Patronus is.
Submitted by corij4e12010b9
17. Attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry isn’t actually possible.
Submitted by Eric Donnelly (Facebook)
18. You don’t know how to deal with the people who only watched the movies.
Submitted by Michelle Rose Gardner (Facebook)
19. You date someone who doesn’t fully appreciate the beautiful world of Harry Potter.
Submitted by ElynneBlueJay
20. It’s always difficult to hear someone hate on Hufflepuff when they’re actually amazing.
Submitted by Jane S. Lee (Facebook)
21. You always have the desire to reread the books, but you know bad things will always happen.
Submitted by Heather Vickers Kwok (Facebook)
22. You can’t go to a bar and order Butterbeer.
Submitted by ebonic.
23. It’s hard learning someone didn’t finish reading Deathly Hallows because it’s “too boring.”
Submitted by Camila Torres (Facebook)
24. You’ll never get to experience this magical world for the first time again.
Submitted by kristinh43680dd22
25. Anytime you say “Accio remote!” it doesn’t come to you.
Submitted by courtneya4bc47353b.
26. The word “always” brings you to tears without fail.
Submitted by Courtney Danielle (Facebook)
27. And the overwhelming feeling you get whenever you explain how important Harry Potter is to you.
Submitted by Lauren Masapollo (Facebook)